Youth Engagement in RCE Greater Atlanta
Youth Engagement is an essential part of RCE Greater Atlanta’s activities. In alignment with its “Nurture Strong Youth Leadership” goal, RCE Greater Atlanta aims to provide opportunities for youth to engage as leaders in education and action around the UN SDGs at regional and global levels.
We invite all youth (K-20s) to get involved with RCE Greater Atlanta. To date, we have had involvement from students at these schools:
• Agnes Scott College
• Emory University
• Kennesaw State University
• Georgia State University
• Georgia Institute of Technology
• Spelman College
• University of Georgia
Most RCE work is done through Action Groups. To join an Action Group and get involved with their projects, check out the Action Groups page for more information.
If you have questions about how to get involved, please reach out to one of the Youth Engagement Networkers:
Youth Engagement - Highlights to Date
- Developing the “Youth & The Sustainable Development Goals” E-Learning Course” and the student SDG Fellowship program, with support from CIFAL Atlanta, the Center for Serve-Learn-Sustain, the United Nations Institute of Training and Research, and the Turner Foundation.
- Hosting Civic Dinners to discuss various topics from Housing to Energy to Voting.
- Kickstarting the Mentorship Program (now an ongoing project with the Business Engagement Action Group).
- Organizing student-led sustainability tours around Atlanta (Eastside Beltline Trail, Emory WaterHub).
- Organizing volunteerism events with our community partners (PlantLanta, Trees Atlanta, UNA-Atlanta, West Atlanta Watershed Alliance).
- Planning, jointly with RCE Georgetown’s Youth Network, 2 RCE Americas Virtual Youth Conferences.
- Presenting at RCE Global Conferences hosted by RCE Cuenca del Plata (Argentina, 2018), RCE Greater Burlington (Vermont, 2019).
View this presentation slideshow for a list of Youth Engagement programming through Spring 2020.
Check out our Google Photos album below to see awesome photos from our many past events:
The RCE Greater Atlanta Youth Network is excited to announce the four winning projects and teams of the SDG Projects in the Atlanta Community Grant.
On Wednesday, May 13th, the RCE Greater Atlanta Youth Network hosted a virtual showcase celebrating the launch of the SDG Online Training Modules!
The RCE Greater Atlanta Youth Network is excited to announce an opportunity for small grant awards for SDG Projects in the Atlanta Community!