Youth (17-29) in RCE Greater Atlanta
RCE Greater Atlanta wants to provide opportunities to engage the youth of the Greater Atlanta region in efforts to advance the UN SDGs. The United Nations defines ‘youth’ as persons between ages 15-24. We have adjusted the age bracket to 17-29 years of age to target youth at the age of college-entrance or are beginning their professional careers. There are other ways to engage K-12 through the action groups (See the action groups).
We invite all youth (K-20s) to get involved with RCE Greater Atlanta. To date, we have had involvement from students at these schools:
• Agnes Scott College
• Emory University
• Kennesaw State University
• Georgia State University
• Georgia Institute of Technology
• Spelman College
• University of Georgia
• Georgia Gwinnett College
• Morehouse College
• Atlanta Metropolitan State University
Youth Engagement - Highlights to Date
- Developing the “Youth & The Sustainable Development Goals” E-Learning Course and the student SDG Fellowship program, with support from CIFAL Atlanta, the Center for Serve-Learn-Sustain, the United Nations Institute of Training and Research, and the Turner Foundation.
- Hosting Civic Dinners to discuss various topics from Housing to Energy to Voting.
- Kickstarting the Mentorship Program (now an ongoing project with the Business Engagement Action Group).
- Organizing student-led sustainability tours around Atlanta (Eastside Beltline Trail, Emory WaterHub).
- Organizing volunteerism events with our community partners (PlantLanta, Trees Atlanta, UNA-Atlanta, West Atlanta Watershed Alliance).
- Planning, jointly with RCE Georgetown’s Youth Network, 2 RCE Americas Virtual Youth Conferences.
- Presenting at RCE Global Conferences hosted by RCE Cuenca del Plata (Argentina, 2018), RCE Greater Burlington (Vermont, 2019).
View this presentation slideshow for a list of Youth Engagement programming through Spring 2020.
Check out our Google Photos album below to see awesome photos from our many past events:
RCE Greater Atlanta is proud to announce the SDG Futures Fellowship, aimed at education about the UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), leadership, and professional development!
The RCE Greater Atlanta Youth Network is excited to announce the four winning projects and teams of the SDG Projects in the Atlanta Community Grant.
On Wednesday, May 13th, the RCE Greater Atlanta Youth Network hosted a virtual showcase celebrating the launch of the SDG Online Training Modules!
The RCE Greater Atlanta Youth Network is excited to announce an opportunity for small grant awards for SDG Projects in the Atlanta Community!